The Patron Saint of our school is Mary, mother of Jesus. Her Feast Day is September 8
The school building was dedicated on September 12, 1926. The school was put under the direction of the Sisters of St. Joseph, LaGrange, who maintained a parish presence for seventy years. Two sisters taught the ? pupils enrolled for the first term. By 1933 the school had grown so much that more sisters were needed and a new convent was built as a permanent home for the sisters.
An addition to the building was built in 199?